CS/SB 1402: Local Governmental Financial Emergencies
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Latvala
Local Governmental Financial Emergencies; Expanding the entities that have oversight over local governmental entities, charter schools, charter technical career centers, and district school boards under certain circumstances; providing that certain board members of a local governmental entity or district school board who fail to vote affirmatively to take certain actions in certain circumstances are subject to suspension by the Governor, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Rules
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 191
• Introduced -SJ 191
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/03/17, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 292
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 295
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations; Rules -SJ 327
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/13/17, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -SJ 404
• Now in Rules -SJ 404
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.