CS/SB 1588: Military and Veteran Support
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hukill
Military and Veteran Support; Requiring landlords, condominium associations, cooperative associations, and homeowners’ associations that require a servicemember’s spouse or certain adult dependents to submit a rental application to complete the processing of the application of within a specified timeframe; requiring the Department of Veterans’ Affairs to create a website to streamline the procedure for businesses applying for certification as a veteran business enterprise; authorizing the Supreme Court to admit on motion a bar applicant who is the spouse of a servicemember stationed in this state under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 205
• Introduced -SJ 205
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/22/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 258
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/28/17, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 256
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.