CS/CS/SB 1726: Industrial Hemp Pilot Projects
Industrial Hemp Pilot Projects; Directing the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to authorize and oversee the development of industrial hemp pilot projects for certain universities; requiring each university to obtain the authorization of its board of trustees before implementing a pilot project; requiring the universities to establish guidelines for the approval, oversight, and enforcement of pilot project rules, etc.
• Referred to Agriculture; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 216
• Introduced -SJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Agriculture; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 292
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 296
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 327
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/20/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 443
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/17 -SJ 477
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 471
• Amendment(s) adopted (757174, 940130) -SJ 471
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 471
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 523
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1026, 1027
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Received -HJ 1026, 1027
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1062
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 1217 -HJ 1062
• Amendment(s) adopted (131495) -HJ 1062, 1063
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1083
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 108 NAYS 6 -HJ 1083
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (131495) -SJ 910
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 32 NAYS 0 -SJ 910
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-124
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.