CS/CS/HB 1021: Construction
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Appropriations Committee ; Avila
Construction; Authorizing solar energy systems manufactured or sold in the state to be certified by professional engineers; revising an exemption from construction contracting regulation for certain public utilities; prohibiting a political subdivision from adopting or enforcing certain building permits or other development order requirement; requiring the Florida Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board to establish rules; prohibiting local enforcement agencies, independent districts, and special districts from charging certain fees; revising requirements for updating the Florida Building Code, etc.
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 110
• Introduced -HJ 110
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 423
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 423
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/29/17, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 525
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 524, 525
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 528
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 634
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 631
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 684
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 715
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 727
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 727
• In Messages
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 458
• Received -SJ 458
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 781
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 781
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1312 -SJ 781
• Read 2nd time -SJ 781
• Amendment(s) adopted (483650) -SJ 782
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 908
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 2 -SJ 908
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (483650) -HJ 1215, 1220
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1220
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1221
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-149
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.