CS/CS/SB 1062: Public Records/Protective Injunction Petitions
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Powell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bracy ; Torres
Public Records/Protective Injunction Petitions; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for petitions, and the contents thereof, for certain protective injunctions that are dismissed in certain circumstances; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/18/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 239 (Ch. 2017-14) -SJ 422
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 116
• Introduced -SJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/14/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 181
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 181
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/22/17, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/29/17, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 266
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 277
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 279
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 421
• Substituted CS/HB 239 -SJ 422
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 239 (Ch. 2017-14) -SJ 422
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.