CS/CS/HB 1137: Use of State Funds
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee ; Edwards
Use of State Funds; Provides limitation on actual expenses of certain lodging that may be reimbursed for state agency or judicial branch employee; authorizes employee to expend his or her own funds on lodging expenses that exceed specified amount; prohibits use of state funds to purchase alcoholic beverages & food or beverages for certain state agency appreciation or recognition events.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 121
• Introduced -HJ 121
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/13/17, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 361
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 361
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 466
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 462
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 489
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 746
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 745
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 844
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 886
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 887
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 610
• Received -SJ 609
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.