CS/SB 1144: Laboratory Screening
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Montford
Laboratory Screening; Clarifying that certain requirements related to the reporting of positive HIV test results to county health departments apply only to testing performed in a nonhealth care setting; revising requirements of a public information initiative on lead-based-paint hazards; revising requirements on the distribution of information on childhood lead poisoning developed by the State Surgeon General or his or her designee; clarifying that the membership of the Genetics and Newborn Screening Advisory Council must include one member each from four of the medical schools in this state, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1041 (Ch. 2017-181) -SJ 689
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 123
• Introduced -SJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/27/17, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 258
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 267
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/18/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 435
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 435
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 689
• Substituted CS/HB 1041 -SJ 689
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1041 (Ch. 2017-181) -SJ 689
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.