The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/CS/HB 1167: Trust Funds/Creation/Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking and Prevention/DLA
TRUST FUND/GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Burgess ; Cortes, J. ; Edwards ; Fischer ; Hager ; Williams
Trust Funds/Creation/Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking and Prevention/DLA; Creates Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking & Prevention within DLA; provides purposes of, & funding sources for, trust fund; provides for administration of fund by Statewide Council on Human Trafficking; provides for future review & termination or re-creation of trust fund.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 123
• Introduced -HJ 123
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 423
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c) -HJ 458
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 418
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 458
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/03/17, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 591
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 588
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 601
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/13/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 686
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 683
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 718
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 985
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.