CS/SB 298: Relief of Reginald Jackson by the City of Lakeland
CLAIM/LOCAL by Judiciary ; Rouson
Relief of Reginald Jackson by the City of Lakeland; Providing an appropriation to compensate Reginald Jackson for injuries and damages sustained as a result of the negligence of Mike Cochran, a police officer for the Lakeland Police Department; providing a limitation on the payment of fees, etc. CLAIM: $312,500
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Community Affairs
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 57
• Introduced -SJ 57
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 233
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 233
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 244
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 247
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 244
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.