CS/HB 329: Child Protection
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Harrell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton
Child Protection; Prohibits time-sharing plan from requiring or being interpreted to require visitation at recovery residence between specified hours; provides exceptions; requires court to consider certain factors to determine best interest of child; prohibits court from ordering visitation under specified circumstances; authorizes certified recovery residence to allow minor child to visit, excluding visits during specified hours; provides exceptions; prohibits certified recovery residence from allowing visitation under specified circumstances.
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 54
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 316
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 603
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 599
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 615
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/24/17, 2:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 806
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 806
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 948
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 980
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 980
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 566
• Received -SJ 566
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 546
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 546
• Substituted for SB 762 -SJ 547
• Read 2nd time -SJ 547
• Read 3rd time -SJ 547
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 547
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1016
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-80
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.