CS/SB 536: Unclaimed Funds Held by the Clerks of Court
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Brandes
Unclaimed Funds Held by the Clerks of Court; Repealing provisions relating to the deposit of unclaimed funds with the Chief Financial Officer to the credit of the State School Fund; requiring the clerk to report as unclaimed property a surplus under certain circumstances; repealing provisions relating to qualifications and appointment of a surplus trustee in foreclosure actions, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 75
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/06/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 168
• Introduced -SJ 75
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 177
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 170
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/22/17, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 244
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 244
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.