CS/CS/HB 6013: Return of Property
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Byrd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fant ; Fischer ; Gonzalez
Return of Property; Removes provision requiring court to order return of pistol or firearm when pistol or firearm is taken by officer with search warrant or without search warrant upon viewing breach of peace.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Criminal Justice
Bill Text: PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 245
• Introduced -HJ 245
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -HJ 491
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 489
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 488
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/20/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -HJ 792
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 791
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 937
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 969
• CS passed; YEAS 78 NAYS 40 -HJ 970
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 611
• Received -SJ 611
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Criminal Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.