HB 655: Exceptional Student Instruction
GENERAL BILL by Porter ; Plasencia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fischer
Exceptional Student Instruction; Prohibits certain school districts from declining to provide or contract for certain students' educational instruction; provides for funding of such students.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 80
• Introduced -HJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 8:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 407
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 407
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 490
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 490
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 597
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 597
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 732
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 758
• Passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 759
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 487
• Received -SJ 487
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.