CS/HB 7085: Workers' Compensation
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Burgess ; Trumbull ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Boyd ; Hager ; La Rosa ; Plakon
Workers' Compensation; Requires Governor, or CFO in certain circumstances, to appoint member to fill vacancy on panel that establishes workers’ compensation schedules within specified timeframe; requires panel to annually adopt statewide schedules of maximum reimbursement allowances; extends timeframes in which employees may receive certain workers’ compensation benefits & in which carrier must notify treating doctor of certain requirements; revises provisions relating to retainer agreements & awarding attorney fees.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 397
• Referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/29/17, 8:30 am, Webster Hall -- Removed from Meeting Agenda
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 9 -HJ 616
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 615
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 698
• Amendment(s) failed (684061, 717177, 735145, 952503) -HJ 699
• Amendment(s) adopted (360611, 759369) -HJ 699
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 724
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 82 NAYS 37 -HJ 724
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 462
• Received -SJ 462
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 884
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 884
• Substituted for CS/SB 1582 -SJ 884
• Read 2nd time -SJ 884
• Amendment(s) adopted (473190) -SJ 890
• Read 3rd time -SJ 898
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 21 NAYS 16 -SJ 898
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (912973) -HJ 1179, 1186
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended (473190) -HJ 1172
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 76 NAYS 43 -HJ 1186
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.