HB 7091: Probation and Community Control
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Altman
Probation and Community Control; Revises offenses that render offender ineligible for administrative probation; redesignates & deletes various terms; revises facilities at which incarceration may be served; authorizes, rather than requires, court to order offender to make good faith effort toward educational goals in certain circumstances; revises list of offenders required to pay DOC monthly sum; requires, rather than authorizes, DOC to electronically monitor offenders sentenced to community control.
• Introduced -HJ 414
• Referred to Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/03/17, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 563
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 563
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 598
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 598
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 827
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 867
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 868
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 499
• Received -SJ 499
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 634
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 634
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 790 -SJ 634
• Read 2nd time -SJ 634
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 723
• Passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 723
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1100
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-115
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.