CS/SJR 76: Limitations on Property Tax Assessments
JOINT RESOLUTION by Appropriations ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Garcia ; Perry
Limitations on Property Tax Assessments; Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to remove a future repeal of provisions in Section 4 of Article VII that limit the amount of annual increases in assessments, except for school district levies, of specified nonhomestead real property, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/22/17, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 150
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 150
• Introduced -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 331
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 331
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/12/17, 5:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 332
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 404
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 404
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 433
• Substituted CS/HJR 21 -SJ 433
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 21 (Passed) -SJ 433
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.