HB 781: Designation of School Grades
GENERAL BILL by Porter
Designation of School Grades; Revises requirements for certain schools to receive school grade designation of K-3 feeder pattern school; provides majority of students must be scheduled to be assigned to certain school for feeder pattern to exist.
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 90
• Introduced -HJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 362
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 404
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 404
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/23/17, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 454
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 54
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 542
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 577
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 577
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 409
• Received -SJ 409
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 737
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 737
• Substituted for SB 1222 -SJ 737
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 899
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 899
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1262
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-171
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.