SB 782: High School Graduation Requirements
GENERAL BILL by Mayfield ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Young
High School Graduation Requirements; Removing a requirement that a student participating in an interscholastic sport pass a competency test on personal fitness to satisfy the physical education credit requirement for high school graduation, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Rules, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 95
• Introduced -SJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/21/17, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 257
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/03/17, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 292
• Now in Rules -SJ 292
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.