CS/CS/SB 844: Criminal Offenses Involving Tombs and Memorials
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley
Criminal Offenses Involving Tombs and Memorials; Providing that a person who willfully and knowingly excavates, exposes, moves, or removes the contents of a grave or tomb commits a felony; authorizing an owner, officer, employee, or agent of specified cemeteries to relocate the contents of a grave or tomb, subject to certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 107 (Ch. 2017-40) -SJ 599
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/13/17, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 181
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 181
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 224
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/13/17, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 478
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 481
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 107 -SJ 599
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 107 (Ch. 2017-40) -SJ 599
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.