CS/SB 850: Public Housing Authority Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Rouson
Public Housing Authority Insurance; Authorizing certain business entities to join, solely for a specified purpose, self-insurance funds participated in by public housing authorities who hold ownership interests in or who participate in governing such entities; authorizing reinsurance companies to issue coverage directly to certain self-insuring entities organized by a public housing authority under certain circumstances; requiring that reinsurance contracts issued to such entities receive the same tax treatment as contracts issued to insurance companies, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 421 (Ch. 2017-104) -SJ 649
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/27/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 258
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 264
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/17/17, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Rules -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/28/17, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 562
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 649
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 421 -SJ 649
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 421 (Ch. 2017-104) -SJ 649
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.