CS/CS/HB 867: Student Loan Debt
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Leek ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Mariano ; Ponder
Student Loan Debt; Requires postsecondary institutions to annually provide certain students with specified information regarding their student loans; provides that institution does not incur any liability for providing such information.
Last Action: 4/19/2017 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 396 (Ch. 2017-92) -HJ 739
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 96
• Introduced -HJ 96
• On Committee agenda-- Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 490
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 490
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/03/17, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 567
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 562
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 561
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 610
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 606
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Substituted CS/SB 396 -HJ 739
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 396 (Ch. 2017-92) -HJ 739
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.