CS/SCR 920: Groveland Four
CONCURRENT RESOLUTION by Rules ; Farmer ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Torres ; Bracy ; Perry ; Rouson ; Rodriguez ; Thurston ; Book ; Montford ; Galvano ; Powell ; Stewart ; Campbell ; Braynon ; Clemens ; Rader ; Gibson ; Young ; Mayfield ; Negron ; Baxley ; Bean ; Benacquisto ; Bradley ; Brandes ; Broxson ; Flores ; Gainer ; Garcia ; Grimsley ; Hutson ; Latvala ; Lee ; Passidomo ; Simmons ; Simpson ; Stargel ; Steube ; Hukill
Groveland Four; Acknowledging the grave injustices perpetrated against Charles Greenlee, Walter Irvin, Samuel Shepherd, and Ernest Thomas, who came to be known as “the Groveland Four”; and urging the Governor and Cabinet to perform an expedited clemency review of the cases of Charles Greenlee, Walter Irvin, Samuel Shephard, and Ernest Thomas, including granting full pardons, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 106
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/06/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Introduced -SJ 106
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Now in Rules -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/12/17, 5:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 412
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 412
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 414
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 502
• Substituted CS/HCR 631 -SJ 502
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HCR 631 (Adopted) -SJ 502
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.