SB 2-A: Economic Programs
GENERAL BILL by Latvala
Economic Programs; Creating the Florida Job Growth Grant Fund within the Department of Economic Opportunity; providing eligibility criteria for projects to receive funds from the Florida Job Growth Grant Fund; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to retain state funds for specified programs in the State Economic Enhancement and Development Trust Fund until certain conditions are met; creating the Targeted Marketing Assistance Program to enhance the tourism business marketing of small, minority, rural, and agritourism businesses in the state; terminating the Displaced Homemaker Trust Fund within the Department of Economic Opportunity, etc. APPROPRIATION: $177,000,000.00
Last Action: 6/9/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1-A (Ch. 2017-233) -SJ 78
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -SJ 2
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations -SJ 3
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 06/07/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Commerce and Tourism (860238, 305400); YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 37
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 06/08/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 4 amendment(s) by- Appropriations (635320, 293618, 778464, 911692); YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 73
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 73
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 06/08/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 50
• Amendment(s) adopted (293618, 635320, 778464, 911692) -SJ 51, 52, 53
• Amendment(s) failed (117684, 860238) -SJ 51, 53
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 58
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 77
• Substituted HB 1-A -SJ 78
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1-A (Ch. 2017-233) -SJ 78
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.