CS/HB 19: Motor Vehicle Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Grall ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grant, J. ; Hahnfeldt
Motor Vehicle Insurance; Creates Responsible Roadways Act; revises security requirements & proof of such security for owners & operators of motor vehicles; repeals Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 11/07/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 7 -HJ 253
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 250
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/11/18
• Introduced -HJ 14
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 246
• Read 2nd time -HJ 300
• Amendment(s) adopted (006077, 253915, 298833) -HJ 300, 301
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 333, 334
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 88 NAYS 15 -HJ 334
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 250
• Received -SJ 250
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Banking and Insurance
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.