CS/CS/SB 98: Health Insurer Authorization
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield
Health Insurer Authorization; Prohibiting prior authorization forms from requiring certain information; requiring health insurers and pharmacy benefits managers on behalf of health insurers to provide certain information relating to prior authorization by specified means; requiring health insurers to publish on their websites and provide to insureds in writing a procedure for insureds and health care providers to request protocol exceptions, etc.
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 11/07/17, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 12/05/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/11/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 14
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 94
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 142
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 156
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 142
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -SJ 219
• Amendment(s) adopted (450052) -SJ 219
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 219
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 241
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 241
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.