The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/HB 139: National Statuary Hall
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Government Accountability Committee ; Henry ; Leek ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Alexander ; Antone ; Berman ; Burgess ; Caldwell ; Davis ; DuBose ; Duran ; Fischer ; Geller ; Jenne ; Jones ; Lee ; Mercado ; Newton ; Richardson ; Russell ; Santiago ; Slosberg ; Smith ; Spano ; Stafford ; Watson, B. ; Watson, C. ; Williams
National Statuary Hall; Requests Joint Committee on Library of Congress to approve replacement of statue of Confederate General Edmund Kirby Smith in National Statuary Hall Collection with statue of Mary McLeod Bethune; provides for transfer of ownership of statue of General Edmund Kirby Smith to state; requires Division of Cultural Affairs of DOS to take possession of statue & make available for public display.
Last Action: 2/20/2018 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 472 (Ch. 2018-19) -HJ 617
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Accountability Committee; Rules and Policy Committee -HJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 10/10/17, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 1 -HJ 251
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules and Policy Committee
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 250
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 21
• CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/14/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 600
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 600
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• CS/CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 599
• Substituted SB 472 -HJ 617
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 472 (Ch. 2018-19) -HJ 617
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.