CS/CS/HB 483: Unfair Insurance Trade Practices
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Yarborough ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Edwards-Walpole
Unfair Insurance Trade Practices; Revises types, value & frequency of advertising & promotional gifts that licensed insurers or their agents may give to insureds, prospective insureds, or others; authorizes such insurers or agents to make certain charitable donations on behalf of insureds or prospective insureds; prohibits title insurance agents, agencies, & insurers from giving insureds, prospective insureds, or others merchandise in excess of specified value; authorizes certain licensed insurers & agents to give specified complimentary services or discounted rates on specified services.
Last Action: 3/9/2018 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/10/18, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 44
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 320
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 306
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 345
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/18/18, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 368
• Placed on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/31/18
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 459
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 573
• Amendment(s) adopted (688447) -HJ 573
• Read 3rd time -HJ 573
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 573
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 377
• Received -SJ 377
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 944
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 944
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 762 -SJ 944
• Read 2nd time -SJ 944
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1025
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1025, 1026
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.