CS/SB 804: Possession of Real Property
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Passidomo
Possession of Real Property; Authorizing a person with a superior right to possession of real property to recover possession by ejectment; providing that a person entitled to possession of real property has a cause of action to regain possession from another person who obtained possession of real property by forcible entry, unlawful entry, or unlawful detainer; requiring that the court determine the right of possession and damages; prohibiting a governmental entity from adopting or keeping in effect certain ordinances and rules based upon customary use, etc.
Last Action: 3/5/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 631 -SJ 689
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/10/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 62
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 141
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/20/18, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 374
• Now in Rules -SJ 374
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -SJ 564
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/18 -SJ 753
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 565
• Read 2nd time -SJ 688
• Substituted CS/HB 631 -SJ 689
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 631 -SJ 689
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.