CS/SB 840: Gaming
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Hutson
Gaming; Authorizing and directing the Governor, in cooperation with the Seminole Tribe of Florida, to execute a new compact in the form provided; exempting a fantasy contest from certain regulations; authorizing a greyhound racing permitholder to receive an operating license to conduct pari-mutuel wagering activities at another permitholder’s greyhound racing facility; authorizing a harness horse racing permitholder to be a host track for purposes of intertrack wagering and simulcasting; requiring the division to revoke the permit of a harness horse or thoroughbred racing permitholder, respectively, who does not pay tax on handle for a specified period of time; revising where slot machine revenue tax payments must be deposited, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 851
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 65
• Introduced -SJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/17/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 204
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/12/18, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 354
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 4 -SJ 753
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 753
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 720, 721
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/18 -SJ 876
• Read 2nd time -SJ 850
• Substituted HB 7067 (Died in Conference Committee) -SJ 851
• Laid on Table -SJ 851
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.