CS/CS/HB 857: Deferred Presentment Transactions
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Grant, J. ; Cruz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes, J. ; McGhee
Deferred Presentment Transactions; Authorizes deferred presentment transactions to be repaid in installments; provides requirements & procedures for customers, providers, & OFR for such transactions; revises restrictions & conspicuous disclosures; revises conditions for deposit or redemption of checks.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 920 (Ch. 2018-26) -HJ 1014
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 76
• Introduced -HJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 368
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 391
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/13/18, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -HJ 594
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 594
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 665, 666
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 679
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 920 -HJ 1014
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 920 (Ch. 2018-26) -HJ 1014
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.