The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/HB 883: Local Government
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Ingoglia
Local Government; Specifying ethics training requirements for community redevelopment agency commissioners; authorizing specified public officers to have a contractual or employment relationship with certain law firms if designated conditions are met; requiring a county or municipality, by resolution, to petition the Legislature to create a new community redevelopment agency; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to declare inactive community redevelopment agencies that have reported no financial activity for a specified number of years; providing that a local governmental entity may not prohibit motor vehicle use on or access to an existing transportation facility or transportation corridor under certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 215 (Ch. 2018-130), CS/CS/HB 1151 (Ch. 2018-158)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 78
• Introduced -HJ 78
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/16/18, 11:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 353
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 348, 349
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 362
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 7 -HJ 694
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 694
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 688, 690
• Read 2nd time -HJ 828, 830
• Amendment(s) adopted (822443) -HJ 830
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 887, 889
• Temporarily postponed on 3rd reading; On Unfinished Business -HJ 893
• Amendment(s) failed (639023, 858941) -HJ 1067, 1072
• Amendment(s) adopted (176959, 408153) -HJ 1072, 1073
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted (858941) -HJ 1073, 1077
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 65 NAYS 52 -HJ 1078
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 215 (Ch. 2018-130), CS/CS/HB 1151 (Ch. 2018-158)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.