CS/SB 928: Theft
Theft; Revising threshold amounts and types of property which qualify for theft offenses; revising threshold amounts for retail theft, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/09/18, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 71
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 142
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 159
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 227
• Now in Rules -SJ 227
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.