HB 935: Mortgage Lending
GENERAL BILL by Nunez
Mortgage Lending; Revises definition of "mortgage loan"; provides definition of term "hold himself or herself out to the public as being in the mortgage lending business."
Last Action: 1/22/2018 House - On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/24/18, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 81
• Introduced -HJ 81
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 354
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/24/18, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.