CS/SB 1240: Retirement
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Mayfield
Retirement; Authorizing certain employees to elect to participate in the Florida Retirement System during a specified period; revising limitations on the maximum length of participation in the Deferred Retirement Option Program for certain instructional personnel and administrative personnel, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 495 (Ch. 2018-150)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Education; Appropriations -SJ 143
• Introduced -SJ 143
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 220
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 222
• Now in Education -SJ 220
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 495 (Ch. 2018-150)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.