The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 1280: Involuntary Commitment
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Steube
Involuntary Commitment; Requiring the Agency for Persons with Disabilities to provide certain notice of eligibility determinations; revising provisions relating to court appointment of certain qualified experts to evaluate a defendant’s mental condition; revising provisions governing acceptable recommended training for a defendant determined incompetent to proceed; requiring the court to hold a competency hearing within a specified timeframe when a defendant is competent to proceed; providing for the court to retain jurisdiction over certain defendants found nonrestorable to competency, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 149
• Introduced -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/12/18, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 350
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 347
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.