HB 6001: Traffic Infraction Detectors
GENERAL BILL by Avila ; Ingoglia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Caldwell ; Diaz, M. ; Eagle ; Fischer ; Grant, J. ; Hardemon ; Jacobs ; Watson, C.
Traffic Infraction Detectors; Repeals provisions relating to installation & use of traffic infraction detectors to enforce specified provisions when driver fails to stop at traffic signal, provisions that authorize DHSMV, county, or municipality to use such detectors, & provisions for distribution of penalties collected for specified violations.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Transportation
Bill Text: PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 233
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 10/10/17, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 10 -HJ 251
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 251
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/11/18
• Introduced -HJ 233
• Read 2nd time -HJ 299
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 331
• Passed; YEAS 83 NAYS 18 -HJ 331
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 251
• Received -SJ 251
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Transportation
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.