CS/HB 6037: Fireworks
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Grant, J. ; McClure
Fireworks; Repeals provisions relating to registration of manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, & retailers of sparklers; removes provisions relating to regulation of sale or use of fireworks; removes requirement that only registered distributors, manufacturers, retailers, seasonal retailers, & wholesalers may sell fireworks or sparklers.
Last Action: 2/20/2018 House - CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 639
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 235
• Introduced -HJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 01/16/18, 3:00 pm, 216 Capitol
• Favorable by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 5 -HJ 355
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/18, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 11 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 639
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.