CS/HB 7087: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Ways and Means Committee ; Renner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila
Taxation; Provides an exemption from excise tax on certain documents, notes, & mortgages related to housing financing authority; provides sales tax exemptions for specified products destroyed as a result of hurricanes; authorizes ad valorem tax exemptions under specified situations; provides documentary stamp tax exemption for certain transfers of homestead property between spouses; reduces tax levied on specified fees charged for use of real property; revises total amount of community contribution tax credits for projects related to housing opportunities; modifies calculation of dealer's collection allowance; revises provisions regarding adjusted taxable income for corporate income tax purposes; increases total amount of contaminated site rehabilitation tax credits; requires specified reduction of civil penalties; increases tax credits for rehabilitation of drycleaning-solvent-contaminated sites & brownfield sites; extends carry forward period for unused tax credits; provides an appropriation. APPROPRIATION: $985,133.00
Last Action: 3/11/2018 House - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1438
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 610
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 639
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/22/18, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 7 -HJ 681
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 678, 679
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 694
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 782, 783
• Amendment(s) adopted (329559, 339019) -HJ 783, 787
• Amendment(s) failed (352701, 660147) -HJ 787
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 847, 848
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 75 NAYS 35 -HJ 848, 849
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 816
• Received -SJ 815
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 974
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 974
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 620 -SJ 975
• Read 2nd time -SJ 974, 995
• Amendment(s) adopted (844462) -SJ 975, 996
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1065
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as amended (844462) -SJ 1066, 1068
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 3 -SJ 1068
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 7 amendment(s) (365876, 540854, 628272, 648194, 784054, 844462, 911746) -HJ 1417, 1437
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 93 NAYS 12 -HJ 1437
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1438
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.