CS/HB 1061: Community Association Fire & Life Safety Systems
GENERAL BILL by Careers and Competition Subcommittee ; Moraitis
Community Association Fire & Life Safety Systems; Requires certain condominium or cooperative associations to post certain signs or symbols on buildings; requires State Fire Marshal to adopt rules governing such signs or symbols; revises provisions relating to evidence of condominium & cooperative association compliance with fire & life safety code; revises unit & common elements required to be retrofitted; revising provisions relating to association vote to forego retrofitting.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 92
• Introduced -HJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 7 -HJ 476
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 469
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 491
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.