HB 1095: Penalties and Fees
GENERAL BILL by Plakon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes, J. ; Williams
Penalties and Fees; Revises requirements for determination of indigency for payment of certain penalties/fees; revises & repeals provisions relating to driver license suspension/revocation for certain offenses; revises penalties; requires DHSMV to notify DOLRI of adoption of certain forms.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Appropriations Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 731 (Ch. 2018-134)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 97
• Introduced -HJ 96
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 474
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 474
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 731 (Ch. 2018-134)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.