CS/CS/HB 1173: Lands Used for Governmental Purposes
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Raschein ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Beshears
Lands Used for Governmental Purposes; Providing conditions under which specified appraisal standards are required, and such appraisal be provided to the seller, for the acquisition of lands for the purpose of buffering military installations against encroachment; authorizing the use of certain funding sources for the immediate acquisition of lands that prevent or satisfy private property rights claims within areas of critical state concern; revising the definition of the term "nonconservation lands"; authorizing land authorities to contribute tourist impact tax revenues to counties to pay for project costs relating to the construction, redevelopment, and preservation of certain affordable housing, etc.
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 103
• Introduced -HJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/24/18, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 441
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 438
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 444
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 01/31/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 477
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 477
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/13/18, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 614
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 614
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 613
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 706
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 832
• Amendment(s) adopted (095841) -HJ 832
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 897
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 897
• In Messages
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations -SJ 729
• Received -SJ 765
• Withdrawn from Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations -SJ 743
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 746
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1622 -SJ 743
• Read 2nd time -SJ 743
• Amendment(s) adopted (483474) -SJ 743, 746
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 875
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 875
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (483474) -HJ 1101, 1103
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 1103, 1104
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1104
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-159
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.