HB 1201: Education for Prisoners
GENERAL BILL by Ahern ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Edwards-Walpole ; Pritchett
Education for Prisoners; Authorizes DOC to contract with certain entities to provide education services for Correctional Education Program; authorizes each county to contract with certain entities to provide education services for county inmates; authorizes use of state funds for operation of postsecondary workforce programs for education of certain state inmates.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Education Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 106
• Introduced -HJ 106
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/24/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 441
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 441
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/07/18, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 551
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/15/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 607
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 607
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 721
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 759
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 759
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 572
• Received -SJ 572
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 914
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 914
• Substituted for CS/SB 1318 -SJ 914
• Read 2nd time -SJ 914
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1018
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 1018
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1211
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-104
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.