HB 1285: Florida Business Entities
GENERAL BILL by Albritton
Florida Business Entities; Deleting the requirement that the Department of Economic Opportunity manage certain activities related to the commercialization of specified products, services, and ideas; redesignating the Institute for the Commercialization of Public Research as the Institute for Commercialization of Florida Technology; authorizing the omission of certain confidential information from an annual benefit report of a social purpose corporation, etc.
• Introduced -HJ 112
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 339
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 475
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 475
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/08/18, 10:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 551
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 713
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 745
• Passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 745
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 444
• Received -SJ 444
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 690
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 690
• Substituted for SB 1028 -SJ 690
• Read 2nd time -SJ 690
• Amendment(s) adopted (381798) -SJ 690
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 770
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 770
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (381798) -HJ 1203, 1207
• Passed as amended; YEAS 100 NAYS 0 -HJ 1207
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1207
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-139
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.