The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 1301: Sexual Offenders and Predators
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee ; Fitzenhagen ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fine ; Hager ; Spano
Sexual Offenders and Predators; Reducing aggregate & consecutive number of days used to determine residency for purposes of sexual predator or sexual offender registration; provides for mandatory sentence of community control with electronic monitoring for certain offenses committed by sexual predators & sexual offenders if court does not impose prison sentence.
• Introduced -HJ 113
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 339
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/24/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 441
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 441
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/13/18, 12:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 596
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 592
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 614
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/27/18, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 695
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 695
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 831
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 895
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 895, 896
• In Messages -SJ 813
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 777
• Received -SJ 777
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 912
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 912
• Substituted for CS/SB 1226 -SJ 912
• Read 2nd time -SJ 912
• Amendment(s) adopted (429994, 813382) -SJ 919, 921
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1027
• Amendment(s) ruled out of order (813382) -SJ 1027
• Amendment(s) failed (706938) -SJ 1027
• Amendment(s) adopted (232322) -SJ 1027
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 1027, 1028
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 2 amendment(s) (232322, 429994) -HJ 1201, 1202
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 98 NAYS 0 -HJ 1202
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1202
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-105
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.