CS/CS/HB 1361: Clerks of Court
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Clemons
Clerks of Court; Repeals provisions relating to disposition of certain unclaimed money paid to court; revises timeperiod for certain persons to file claims for unclaimed surplus funds; requires clerk to report certain unclaimed property as surplus; specifies procedures for clerk to use in handling surpluses; specifies entity entitled to surplus; repeals provisions relating to qualifications & appointment of surplus trustee in foreclosure actions; exempts certain funds remaining after judicial sale from becoming distributable & subject to certain reporting requirements; requires driver improvement course providers to transmit completion certifications and numbers through Florida Courts E-Filing Portal; revises service charges that clerk may receive & deduct from surplus.
• Introduced -HJ 117
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 340
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 413
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 408
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 432
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/06/18, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 536
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 536
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/27/18, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 695
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 694
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 693
• Read 2nd time -HJ 831
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 896
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 896
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 730
• Received -SJ 765
• Withdrawn from Transportation; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 748
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 784
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 918 -SJ 784
• Read 2nd time -SJ 748
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 847
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 847
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1079
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-71
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.