CS/CS/HB 1383: Tax Deed Sales
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Ways and Means Committee ; Latvala
Tax Deed Sales; Requires tax certificateholder to pay specified costs to bring property on which taxes are delinquent to sale; requires tax collector to contract with title company to determine who must be noticed & provided property information reports; revises notification requirements; revises provisions concerning tax deed sales & filings for & distributions of surplus funds.
• Introduced -HJ 119
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 340
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/24/18, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 413
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 413
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 02/06/18, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 536
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Ways and Means Committee read 1st time -HJ 531
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 559
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/26/18, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 694
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 694
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 693
• Read 2nd time -HJ 831, 832
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 896
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 896, 897
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 777
• Received -SJ 777
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 927
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 927
• Substituted for CS/SB 1504 -SJ 928
• Read 2nd time -SJ 928
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1021
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 1021
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1211
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-160
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.