SB 146: Appointment of Attorneys for Dependent Children with Special Needs
Appointment of Attorneys for Dependent Children with Special Needs; Designating this act as the “Pro Bono Matters Act of 2018”; requiring the payment of due process costs of litigation of all pro bono attorneys appointed to represent dependent children with certain special needs, subject to appropriations and review for reasonableness, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 10/24/17, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 101
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 12/07/17, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 104
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/11/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 17
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 141
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -SJ 218
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 239
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 546
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Received -HJ 146
• Substituted for HB 57 -HJ 577
• Read 2nd time -HJ 577
• Read 3rd time -HJ 577
• Passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 577
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 364
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-14
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.