CS/SB 1814: Neighborhood Improvement Districts
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Simmons
Neighborhood Improvement Districts; Increasing the maximum number of directors allowed for boards of special neighborhood improvement districts; creating the Safe Neighborhood Improvement District Revolving Loan Program; authorizing the Department of Legal Affairs to provide loans for specified projects within safe neighborhood improvement districts; authorizing a safe neighborhood improvement district to borrow funds made available under the program and pledge revenues to repay such funds, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 193
• Introduced -SJ 193
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/06/18, 11:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 306
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 296
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.