CS/SB 276: Voter Registration List Maintenance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Hutson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley
Voter Registration List Maintenance; Authorizing the Department of State to become a member of a nongovernmental entity to verify voter registration information; requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to provide specified information to the Department of State, etc.
Last Action: 2/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 85 (Ch. 2018-32), CS/HB 87 (Ch. 2018-33) -SJ 313
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 11/07/17, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 101
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 12/06/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 25
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/25/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 227
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/18 -SJ 336
• Read 2nd time -SJ 313
• Substituted CS/HB 85 -SJ 313
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 85 (Ch. 2018-32), CS/HB 87 (Ch. 2018-33) -SJ 313
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.