HB 39: Weapons and Firearms
GENERAL BILL by Eagle ; White ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fant ; Grant, J. ; Hahnfeldt ; Rommel
Weapons and Firearms; Removes statement of applicability relating to certain violations of carrying concealed weapon or firearm; reduces penalties applicable to person licensed to carry concealed weapon or firearm for first or second violation of specified provisions relating to openly carrying weapons; provides that person licensed to carry concealed weapon or firearm does not violate certain provisions if firearm is temporarily & openly displayed.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 17
• Introduced -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/29/18, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 472
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 472
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/07/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 6 -HJ 535
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 535
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.